Consumers, Companies & Businesses | Join worldwide conversations and discuss your products & services on Cosmetic Rumours

Login or Register to be part of the CR Global Network

Checking your partner's phone, reading their text messages and phone log?

Miscellaneous Forum

Topic author Australia
peonymakeup

Thu Aug 29, 2019 1:34 pm

I had an interesting conversation with a college who announced that she checks and reads her partner's phone messages and call log. I was totally speechless thinking "who does this?" "Do you not trust your partner?" "How do you get to this point in a relationship?" Does a relationship start like this or does it develop over time? I would like to know. Would you put up with this?

The Flower Angel Book by Katrina Hart

United States of America
datsgucci

Thu Aug 29, 2019 1:59 pm

peonymakeup wrote:
I had an interesting conversation with a college who announced that she checks and reads her partner's phone messages and call log. I was totally speechless thinking "who does this?" "Do you not trust your partner?" "How do you get to this point in a relationship?" Does a relationship start like this or does it develop over time? I would like to know. Would you put up with this?
Typically a paranoid phone-checking partner has done wrong themselves, hence believing their partner has done the same.

Without trust and freedom a relationship will not last.

Trailblazer

Topic author Australia
peonymakeup

Thu Aug 29, 2019 2:22 pm

datsgucci wrote:
peonymakeup wrote:
Typically a paranoid phone-checking partner has done wrong themselves, hence believing their partner has done the same.

My thoughts actually, she does have a controlling personality, tells her partner what to do in every aspect. Picks on him a bit with a load of passive aggressive put downs. "Why do you what to do that for?", "Where is that going to get you?" Always making reference to his appearance in a negative way. He is just a shell of a man. I believe you need to respect, trust, support and encourage your partner in their endeavors, give them personal space they require. Life is too short for this bs.

United States of America
datsgucci

Thu Aug 29, 2019 2:30 pm

peonymakeup wrote:
Thu Aug 29, 2019 2:22 pm
datsgucci wrote:
peonymakeup wrote:

My thoughts actually, she does have a controlling personality, tells her partner what to do in every aspect. Picks on him a bit with a load of passive aggressive put downs. "Why do you what to do that for?", "Where is that going to get you?" Always making reference to his appearance in a negative way. He is just a shell of a man. I believe you need to respect, trust, support and encourage your partner in their endeavors, give them personal space they require. Life is too short for this bs.
I've observed this relationship type before. The woman continually erodes at the man until he's entirely downtrodden, unable to view himself accurately and eventually - and permanently - enters a submissive state of mind. All is left is an instruction-following vessel of a being who has no interests bar hers and cannot move an inch of a foot without interrogation and suspicion. As time wears on, it worsens.

Trailblazer

Topic author Australia
peonymakeup

Thu Aug 29, 2019 2:50 pm

Furthermore she excessively drinks and excludes him from her professional friends on night outs. Doesn't support his career. Apparently her career is more important that his. What the hell!? This is not normal.

United States of America
datsgucci

Thu Aug 29, 2019 3:04 pm

peonymakeup wrote:
Thu Aug 29, 2019 2:50 pm
Furthermore she excessively drinks and excludes him from her professional friends on night outs. Doesn't support his career. Apparently her career is more important that his. What the hell!? This is not normal.
Career comparisons and professional exclusion is another method to belittle and degrade. It's not normal to treat someone as second-rate. What makes her life and career more important than his?

Trailblazer

Canada
AlexMakeup
Eye Colour: A
Hair Colour: A

Fri Aug 30, 2019 6:32 am

Checking the guys phone is so wrong & controlling. I’d run lol

to and beyond

⋆     ˚ ˚    ✦
  ⋆ ·   *
     ⋆ ✧    ·   ✧ ✵
  · ✵

Topic author Australia
peonymakeup

Sat Aug 31, 2019 9:47 am

AlexMakeup wrote:
Fri Aug 30, 2019 6:32 am
Checking the guys phone is so wrong & controlling. I’d run lol
You hear a lot about controlling males but I think there is a silent epidemic of woman who are no better.

Finding Destiny Book by Katrina Hart
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic