Consumers, Companies & Businesses | Join worldwide conversations and discuss your products & services on Cosmetic Rumours

Login or Register to be part of the CR Global Network

Facebook - How to permanently delete Facebook?

Computer Forum

Topic author Canada
AlexMakeup
Eye Colour: A
Hair Colour: A

Wed Aug 28, 2019 12:41 pm

Hey guys

So frickin annoyed that my data is being sold used, probably with my real name attached. I've had so many private conversations on there I'm feeling sick.

I've disabled my account but I want it permanently deleted. I don't like how I can log back in anytime. It means that my data is still available on a server there somewhere.

There's something like US $5 billion fine against them now. If my data has been sold, how can I delete it? I don't know who has it.

How do I permanently delete my Facebook account?

to and beyond

⋆     ˚ ˚    ✦
  ⋆ ·   *
     ⋆ ✧    ·   ✧ ✵
  · ✵
The Flower Angel Book by Katrina Hart

United States of America
datsgucci

Wed Aug 28, 2019 3:58 pm

I felt Facebook to be too invasive. Their continuous requests for my personal information were bothersome and concerning. I simply didn't feel safe because of the data leaks.

I prefer to use Wickr because it's encrypted and deletes messages from their server after 7 days. Wickr has screenshot detection and doesn't force users to upload their phone's address book. They do not ask for your phone number, email address or other personal identifiers. It's refreshing.

It's true that deactivating an account is not the same as deleting an account.

Before deleting Facebook, I deleted practically everything from my account down to the name, photos, messages, tags, likes, status updates and changed my email address to a non-identifiable one. Activity log is useful for this. I then entered random information as a decoy and a different profile picture to confuse their facial recognition software. This is all in case there are further leaks...

This is the URL to permanently delete your Facebook account.

Scroll down to the section which says "How do I permanently delete my account?" and follow the steps.

Trailblazer

United States of America
miajane
Eye Colour: D
Hair Colour: B

Wed Aug 28, 2019 7:16 pm

none of my friends use fb that much anymore ... it's kinda stale

-
MiaMia

Topic author Canada
AlexMakeup

Thu Aug 29, 2019 9:20 am

datsgucci wrote:
I felt Facebook to be too invasive. Their continuous requests for my personal information were bothersome and concerning. I simply didn't feel safe because of the data leaks.

I prefer to use Wickr because it's encrypted and deletes messages from their server after 7 days. Wickr has screenshot detection and doesn't force users to upload their phone's address book. They do not ask for your phone number, email address or other personal identifiers. It's refreshing.

Before deleting Facebook, I deleted practically everything from my account down to the name, photos, messages, tags, likes, status updates and changed my email address to a non-identifiable one. Activity log is useful for this. I then entered random information as a decoy and a different profile picture to confuse their facial recognition software. This is all in case there are further leaks...

Scroll down to the section which says "How do I permanently delete my account?" and follow the steps.
Awesome thanks! I’ll change the details before deletion Haven’t heard of Wickr. I’ll search for the app.

to and beyond

⋆     ˚ ˚    ✦
  ⋆ ·   *
     ⋆ ✧    ·   ✧ ✵
  · ✵

Topic author Canada
AlexMakeup

Thu Aug 29, 2019 9:21 am

miajane wrote:
Same here. It’s quiet there now.

to and beyond

⋆     ˚ ˚    ✦
  ⋆ ·   *
     ⋆ ✧    ·   ✧ ✵
  · ✵

United States of America
datsgucci

Thu Aug 29, 2019 2:05 pm

AlexMakeup wrote:
datsgucci wrote:

Awesome thanks! I’ll change the details before deletion Haven’t heard of Wickr. I’ll search for the app.
Wickr have mobile, tablet and computer versions for Apple, Windows, Linux and Android. You need to specifically download Wickr Me. I use it all the time.

Here's the link:
https://me-download.wickr.com/#/version/me

Trailblazer

Australia
peonymakeup

Thu Aug 29, 2019 4:48 pm

datsgucci wrote:
Thu Aug 29, 2019 2:05 pm
AlexMakeup wrote:
datsgucci wrote:

Wickr have mobile, tablet and computer versions for Apple, Windows, Linux and Android. You need to specifically download Wickr Me. I use it all the time.

Here's the link:
https://me-download.wickr.com/#/version/me
Wickr is for security conscious businesses and individuals.

Great Britain
HaileyHall

Fri Aug 30, 2019 10:53 am

miajane wrote:
The messenger part is still popular

Hailey !eyeshadow2

France
technom

Fri Sep 06, 2019 1:39 pm

HaileyHall wrote:
Fri Aug 30, 2019 10:53 am
miajane wrote:
The messenger part is still popular
Facebook messenger still is although soon enough everyone will move on

India
chandanlalit

Mon Oct 07, 2019 6:14 pm

Facebook can be disable but there's option for messenger to continue.

Cosmetic Rumours
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic