Consumers, Companies & Businesses | Join worldwide conversations and discuss your products & services on Cosmetic Rumours

Login or Register to be part of the CR Global Network

Tinted moisturiser, red skin

Women's Beauty & Grooming Forum

Topic author Wales
Bonnie23

Sun Aug 25, 2019 10:05 am

Hi,

I'm new here, based in the UK and terrible with picking make up products and make up in general.

I have rosacea which gives me extremely red cheeks and they get worse during hot weather. I've attached a photo of my cheeks and chin with no make up. You can see I have some scars and patchy skin too.

I've tried liquid foundations before but they dry my skin out terribly and never look right, even when I use a primer. I'm looking for something that let's my skin breathe and doesn't feel heavy.

I was wondering about using a tinted moisturisor? I've read that the ones with a green tint can help with this but I'm willing to try others as well.

Any advice, links or pointers would be great. Thank you!
B x

The Flower Angel Book by Katrina Hart

Australia
peonymakeup

Sun Aug 25, 2019 7:40 pm

Have you tried thinning out your liquid foundation with a moisturiser to a consistency that suits your skin. If my skin is dry I often do this:-)

Great Britain
beautyboy

Mon Aug 26, 2019 5:19 pm

Bonnie23 wrote:
Hi,

I'm new here, based in the UK and terrible with picking make up products and make up in general.

I have rosacea which gives me extremely red cheeks and they get worse during hot weather. I've attached a photo of my cheeks and chin with no make up. You can see I have some scars and patchy skin too.

I've tried liquid foundations before but they dry my skin out terribly and never look right, even when I use a primer. I'm looking for something that let's my skin breathe and doesn't feel heavy.

I was wondering about using a tinted moisturisor? I've read that the ones with a green tint can help with this but I'm willing to try others as well.

B x

Hi Bonnie

Seeing as though you own liquid foundation already, I would try applying a green tinted moisturiser before you apply the foundation. This should combat the dryness that you are experiencing and help the redness. There are colour correcting primers out there like the SmashBox Photo Finish Reduce Redness Primer and NYX colour correcting primer, although it may not provide you the moisture you need which is why a tinted moisturiser seems preferable.

Another option is to use a foundation formulated for dry skin like Neutrogena Hydro Boost Hydrating Tint.

https://www.neutrogena.com/makeup/neutr ... 43829.html

If you have a favourite moisturiser, you could also add colour pigment to your moisturiser. Cover FX sell these drops.

https://www.coverfx.com/products/custom-cover-drops

I hope this helps! :)

Canada
AlexMakeup
Eye Colour: A
Hair Colour: A

Wed Aug 28, 2019 12:24 pm

Bonnie23 wrote:
Hi,

B x

Id suggest looking into clinique products. Clinique have a very good redness skincare range including a pressed powder to reduce redness. The pressed powder is silky and smooth with a yellow tinge. Pretty sure shishedo have green tinted products.........

https://www.clinique.com/redness-soluti ... e-clinique

Clinique is expensive... elf have a green tinted primer which is a more affordable

to and beyond

⋆     ˚ ˚    ✦
  ⋆ ·   *
     ⋆ ✧    ·   ✧ ✵
  · ✵

United States of America
miajane
Eye Colour: D
Hair Colour: B

Wed Aug 28, 2019 7:07 pm

my friend has facial redness.
she uses rimmel insta colour correcting primer.

-
MiaMia
Cosmetic Rumours
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic