Consumers, Companies & Businesses | Join worldwide conversations and discuss your products & services on Cosmetic Rumours

Login or Register to be part of the CR Global Network

My cat hates getting brushed - how do I groom its coat!

Pet Supplies, Accessories & Products

Topic author Great Britain
Maxsy

Fri Jun 21, 2019 1:07 pm

Well my female cat hates being brushed. I have to brush her because long coat makes her prone to hairballs. She play fights with the brush, bites it and gently nips my hands. Every time I try to brush her tummy area she then becomes very angry and her claws come out. I don't understand. My other cats enjoy being brushed and happily embrace being groomed! !shocked

Is there something that I am doing wrong?

The Flower Angel Book by Katrina Hart

Great Britain
mrbean

Sat Jun 22, 2019 3:09 pm

Does your cat dislike the brush?

Australia
BakeThisCake

Mon Jul 01, 2019 6:43 pm

It's not the comb if the other cats enjoy it.

United States of America
sassyinpink

Fri Jul 05, 2019 5:03 pm

Maxsy wrote:
Well my female cat hates being brushed. I have to brush her because long coat makes her prone to hairballs. She play fights with the brush, bites it and gently nips my hands. Every time I try to brush her tummy area she then becomes very angry and her claws come out. I don't understand. My other cats enjoy being brushed and happily embrace being groomed! !shocked

tell me about it.
some cats just refuse to be touched.
my cat used to love playing with us, now then its old, it can't stand being touched, brushed by us. lol
occasionally when its in super good mood, it may purr and come to us for some light petting

Maxsy

Mon Jul 08, 2019 7:00 pm

BakeThisCake wrote:
Mon Jul 01, 2019 6:43 pm
It's not the comb if the other cats enjoy it.
That's the confusing bit.

Maxsy

Mon Jul 08, 2019 7:08 pm

sassyinpink wrote:
Fri Jul 05, 2019 5:03 pm
Maxsy wrote:

tell me about it.
some cats just refuse to be touched.
my cat used to love playing with us, now then its old, it can't stand being touched, brushed by us. lol
occasionally when its in super good mood, it may purr and come to us for some light petting
You're right, its a PURRsonality thing ;). I noticed her observing the hair collected off the comb. She must be misunderstanding my intentions, believing I'm collecting her hair for my own purposes. Obviously not true. Hehe!

Australia
peonymakeup

Sun Aug 25, 2019 3:31 pm

You can use a Feliway calming spray containing synthetic pheromone. Helps reduce signs of stress leaving them calmer in their environment. Have a look at www.feliway.com/au

Australia
yaassmin

Mon Aug 26, 2019 12:10 am

peonymakeup wrote:
Sun Aug 25, 2019 3:31 pm
You can use a Feliway calming spray containing synthetic pheromone. Helps reduce signs of stress leaving them calmer in their environment. Have a look at www.feliway.com/au
This could be a possible explanation as to why pets are so well behaved at the vets. Is there a spray for grumpy people:-)

Cosmetic Rumours
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic