Consumers, Companies & Businesses | Join worldwide conversations and discuss your products & services on Cosmetic Rumours

Login or Register to be part of the CR Global Network

Login to post your products and services

Front or top loader washing machines. Help me decide.

Interiors & Accessories Forum

Topic author Great Britain
maddison-jackson

Thu Jul 25, 2019 1:25 am

Washing machine died :( Repair man said the brushes in the motor were too far gone. The inside belt needs replacing.

Repair cost is £££ and no guarantee another part won't break.

Looking at both top and front loaders.

Do top loaders wash better? Never had one before.

The Flower Angel Book by Katrina Hart

United States of America
ShantelNordlund
Eye Colour: S

Mon Sep 02, 2019 11:09 pm

I don't think front or top-end ones matter. The only thing matters is quality. Are you using a fully automated washing machine?

Australia
BeccaKurtis

Tue Sep 03, 2019 2:53 pm

I was told front loader washing machines are much better for energy efficiency and water efficiency too. Idk if that’s still the case since with technology improving all the time

--------
Just Becca !concealer !foundation !facep

United States of America
datsgucci

Tue Sep 03, 2019 11:00 pm

It's often debated that front load machines tend to take longer and have a lesser load capacity than top load machines. This in my experience is false. My front load machine has a 10kg capacity and a 38 minute full wash, rinse and spin function. Brilliant machine. Front load machines are generally more energy and water efficient than top load machines. As always, there are exceptions.

India
chandanlalit

Thu Sep 05, 2019 8:47 am

The agitator, impeller or pulsator destroy garment in top loader washing machine. It is the different water pump technology. Always front loading machine for delicate item. The clothes will wear longer.

Australia
yaassmin

Fri Sep 06, 2019 11:44 am

chandanlalit wrote:
Thu Sep 05, 2019 8:47 am
The agitator, impeller or pulsator destroy garment in top loader washing machine. It is the different water pump technology. Always front loading machine for delicate item. The clothes will wear longer.
Agitators can provide better cleaning performance but are harsh on your clothing. Front loaders are gentler leaving your clothes looking newer longer. High end front loaders have a refresh function without using water or detergent, it uses steam alone to refresh the item. Perfect for corporate wear such as jackets, you can steam and refresh your item during the week until dry cleaning.

Australia
Tasha

Sat Sep 07, 2019 9:54 am

I don’t recommend LG at all for washing machines especially after all my LG appliances broke so quickly!! Maybe not Samsung either, after their washing machines were recalled for catching fire. I’d get a Bosch or Miele.

Finding Destiny Book by Katrina Hart
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic