Global Network

Login or Register to join worldwide conversations.

Side effects of laser treatments

Women's Beauty & Grooming Forum

Topic author Ireland
SamBrown

Mon Feb 25, 2019 5:58 pm

Found this laser dermatologist London online and I’m thinking of undergoing a laser treatment (laser resurfacing to be exact). I’m pretty aware of the great things that such treatments can do for the skin. But I’m not sure if they have any side effects. So if you have information about this topic, please let me know. I just want to know that everything’s going to be okay and safe for me, thanks!

The Flower Angel Book by Katrina Hart

United States of America
GuyShadow

Mon Feb 25, 2019 9:08 pm

Hi, first point of call speak to the dermatologist, get a feel for the clinic and ask him/her the risks. :) I had laser done for broken capillaries near the surface of legs and face. Worked a charm and removed them. I didn't experience any issues from it.

Australia
BeccaKurtis

Mon Feb 25, 2019 10:28 pm

SamBrown wrote:
Mon Feb 25, 2019 5:58 pm
Found this laser dermatologist London online and I’m thinking of undergoing a laser treatment (laser resurfacing to be exact). I’m pretty aware of the great things that such treatments can do for the skin. But I’m not sure if they have any side effects. So if you have information about this topic, please let me know. I just want to know that everything’s going to be okay and safe for me, thanks!
Basically laser resurfacing is concentrated light hitting those skin imperfections. The type of laser they use really depends on the circumstance. There's co2 laser that's the more aggressive type. It can do more thermal damage (longer recovery time) but is the choice for invasive situations. Then there's erbium laser that has fewer side effects because it's shallower (this one minimises burning of skin). For darker skin tones erbium is better.

Side effects for laser treatment are redness and swelling that feels like a sunburn. Crusting can happen, infection is a risk. Rarely scarring and blistering can occur.. but better safe than sorry... be cautious and ask if you're at risk for scarring?

Hope I helped!

--------
Getting better at makeup :)

United States of America
makeupbyjenna
Eye Colour: R
Hair Colour: C

Tue Feb 26, 2019 11:56 pm

Not sure if it's the same thing but my friend had laser and now has a dark patch where it was done.

~~~~~~~~

about the things I shouldn't.

India
manisha

Tue Mar 12, 2019 8:21 pm

Thanks for this information. I was confused whether to go for laser treatment or not but these views has made me clear to try it.

United States of America
ShantelNordlund
Eye Colour: S

Wed Mar 20, 2019 7:00 pm

I am attending the laser treatment for facial hair removal purpose. Honestly, I didn't find any considerable side effect of this laser treatment.

Cosmetic Rumours
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic