Spray Tan vs Tanning Bed. What is better?

Tanning products related discussion.

Topic author Australia
AllyMarshall
Posts: 26
Joined: 14 October 2018
Has thanked: 16 times
Been thanked: 12 times
Contact:
Status: Offline

Fri Oct 26, 2018 12:49 am

I'm the pale and pasty type that is not a healthy looking pale. I don't know which would be better a spray tan or uv tanning bed tan. Do fake tans rub off onto clothing? I can't not wear white shirts. Thanks x



Tags:
User avatar

United States of America
makeupbyjenna
Posts: 76
Joined: 22 August 2018
Eye Colour: R
Hair Colour: C
Has thanked: 59 times
Been thanked: 26 times
Contact:
Status: Offline

Fri Oct 26, 2018 2:36 am

Tanning beds emit UV rays that are harmful in excess (cancer) ... so for a long term solution to your look, they're not a good idea.

Spray tanning results don't provide a completely natural tan look however it can still give you a healthier look. The spray can gather in some areas and look splotchy.


~~~~~~~~

Image

about the things I shouldn't.
User avatar

Great Britain
maddison-jackson
Posts: 18
Joined: 06 October 2018
Has thanked: 11 times
Been thanked: 13 times
Contact:
Status: Offline

Sat Oct 27, 2018 2:12 am

Tanning bed is not worth dying over as you'll get hooked on the natural tanned look.

Regarding rub off, I found that my fake tan did rub off when I stupidly hit the gym while the tan was still fresh. The rub off did not completely wash out of my gym gear! Shaving my legs took off tan. Scrubbing sponges in the shower took off tan too. Oily skincare products stripped the tan down. White shirts, my favourite white shirts, were slightly stained. Salt water pools stripped the tan.

It's maintenance I would not do again! You have to change your wardrobe, soaps, shaving frequency and lifestyle to be what? Tanned?


User avatar

United States of America
addie
Posts: 33
Joined: 22 August 2018
Has thanked: 17 times
Been thanked: 27 times
Contact:
Status: Offline

Sat Oct 27, 2018 3:28 pm

Tanning beds, it's like the sun personally visited you to burn the crisps out of your skin until you're left with moles and sun damage. Spray tans are great if done by someone who knows what they're doing. People who don't know can leave you orange.


If the path be beautiful, let us not ask where it leads.
- Anatole France

Image
User avatar

Canada
AlexMakeup
Posts: 39
Joined: 21 October 2018
Eye Colour: A
Hair Colour: A
Has thanked: 22 times
Been thanked: 17 times
Contact:
Status: Offline

Sat Oct 27, 2018 4:47 pm

Tanning beds shouldn't be an option.


User avatar

United States of America
xrachel
Posts: 84
Joined: 17 August 2018
Has thanked: 40 times
Been thanked: 24 times
Status: Offline

Sun Oct 28, 2018 2:04 pm

Last edited by xrachel on Sun Oct 28, 2018 2:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.


*✧xrachel, cosmetic addict✧*

Topic author Australia
AllyMarshall
Posts: 26
Joined: 14 October 2018
Has thanked: 16 times
Been thanked: 12 times
Contact:
Status: Offline

Mon Oct 29, 2018 8:00 pm

After these responses gee a tanning bed is out of the question I don't want skin cancer. Thx everyone that responded to my question !heart2.

makeupbyjenna wrote:
Fri Oct 26, 2018 2:36 am
Tanning beds emit UV rays that are harmful in excess (cancer) ... so for a long term solution to your look, they're not a good idea.

Spray tanning results don't provide a completely natural tan look however it can still give you a healthier look. The spray can gather in some areas and look splotchy.
maddison-jackson wrote:
Sat Oct 27, 2018 2:12 am
Tanning bed is not worth dying over as you'll get hooked on the natural tanned look.

Regarding rub off, I found that my fake tan did rub off when I stupidly hit the gym while the tan was still fresh. The rub off did not completely wash out of my gym gear! Shaving my legs took off tan. Scrubbing sponges in the shower took off tan too. Oily skincare products stripped the tan down. White shirts, my favourite white shirts, were slightly stained. Salt water pools stripped the tan.

It's maintenance I would not do again! You have to change your wardrobe, soaps, shaving frequency and lifestyle to be what? Tanned?
addie wrote:
Sat Oct 27, 2018 3:28 pm
Tanning beds, it's like the sun personally visited you to burn the crisps out of your skin until you're left with moles and sun damage. Spray tans are great if done by someone who knows what they're doing. People who don't know can leave you orange.
Alex_Makeup wrote:
Sat Oct 27, 2018 4:47 pm
Tanning beds shouldn't be an option.
xrachel wrote:
Sun Oct 28, 2018 2:04 pm
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tanning_dependence please don't.


Cosmetic Rumours
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic