Global Network

Login or Register to join worldwide conversations.

patchy lipstick problem

Women's Beauty & Grooming Forum

Topic author Australia
muajamie

Sat Feb 09, 2019 5:55 pm

Hi everyone here. On the job I occasionally experience lipstick issues, application turns out slightly patchy or uneven in distribution. I'm unsure if lip brushes are the issue because I use them for hygiene. It's disappointing to see this when everything else is looking perfect or close to. I'd love to read helpful answers from this community.

The Flower Angel Book by Katrina Hart

Canada
Selbs

Tue Feb 12, 2019 6:37 pm

List of causes.

1. Patchy lipstick --- from a lipstick that doesn't spread well. Product issue.

2. If a product is sometimes smooth, sometimes not, it's down to the person. They may not be hydrated or moisturising their lips enough.

3. You mentioned your brushes. Try the same brush on all of your lipsticks. If all or most of the results are patchy, that brush is the problem.

Or combination of these issues.

Canadian makeup artist. !eyeshadow4

Topic author Australia
muajamie

Sun Feb 17, 2019 11:01 am

Selbs wrote:
Tue Feb 12, 2019 6:37 pm
List of causes.

1. Patchy lipstick --- from a lipstick that doesn't spread well. Product issue.

2. If a product is sometimes smooth, sometimes not, it's down to the person. They may not be hydrated or moisturising their lips enough.

3. You mentioned your brushes. Try the same brush on all of your lipsticks. If all or most of the results are patchy, that brush is the problem.

Or combination of these issues.

Thanks, you're helpful @Selbs. I think you're right, the clients don't moisturise their lips. I'll keep a lip scrub and moisturiser on hand. The lipsticks shouldn't cause patchiness . They're mac and nars lipsticks. The lip brushes are MAC 316 lip brushes.

Finding Destiny Book by Katrina Hart
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic