Consumers, Companies & Businesses | Join worldwide conversations and discuss your products & services on Cosmetic Rumours

Login or Register to be part of the CR Global Network

Ibuprofen may contribute to antibiotic resistance

Science Forum

Topic author Australia
bungalow

Tue Aug 13, 2019 12:26 pm

Been reading about antibiotic resistance. A bunch of non-antibiotic pills may be encouraging the swapping of genetic material between bacteria. I suppose if the rate of swapping is accelerated then it's sending resistance into overdrive. Fascinating.
Additionally, these non-antibiotic pharmaceuticals caused the bacteria to have responses similar to those detected when exposed to antibiotics, such as inducing the SOS response, and enhancing efflux pumps. The findings advance our understanding of the bacterial transfer of antibiotic resistance genes, and importantly emphasize concerns of non-antibiotic human-targeted pharmaceuticals for enhancing the spread of antibiotic resistance.
https://www.biorxiv.org/content/10.1101/724500v1

The Flower Angel Book by Katrina Hart

France
technom

Fri Aug 16, 2019 9:06 am

bungalow wrote:
Been reading about antibiotic resistance. A bunch of non-antibiotic pills may be encouraging the swapping of genetic material between bacteria. I suppose if the rate of swapping is accelerated then it's sending resistance into overdrive. Fascinating.
Additionally, these non-antibiotic pharmaceuticals caused the bacteria to have responses similar to those detected when exposed to antibiotics, such as inducing the SOS response, and enhancing efflux pumps. The findings advance our understanding of the bacterial transfer of antibiotic resistance genes, and importantly emphasize concerns of non-antibiotic human-targeted pharmaceuticals for enhancing the spread of antibiotic resistance.
I still can't understand why doctors restrict access to antibiotics when animals are fed it everyday.

Topic author Australia
bungalow

Tue Aug 20, 2019 9:21 am

technom wrote:
Fri Aug 16, 2019 9:06 am
bungalow wrote:
I still can't understand why doctors restrict access to antibiotics when animals are fed it everyday.
It's ridiculous. When they restrict prescribing them, the infection gets worse then I require two courses... !rolleyes ... plus days off work

Cosmetic Rumours
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic