Consumers, Companies & Businesses | Join worldwide conversations and discuss your products & services on Cosmetic Rumours

Login or Register to be part of the CR Global Network

Obesity & health star rating

Science Forum
User avatar

Topic author Australia
iRory
Posts: 31
Joined: 04 May 2019
Has thanked: 8 times
Been thanked: 5 times
Status: Offline

Wed May 08, 2019 3:44 pm

I don't see how adding mandatory health star ratings to food is going change Aussies' decision making. !rolleyes

It's a no brainer that cake and lollies are unhealthy. People aren't that stupid to have to rely on a star to understand what's bad for them.

The problem is financial - that you can buy 12 donuts for $2 but meat and vegetables costs 10x more. The gov should be subsidising or rewarding healthy food purchases... if you eat better you pay less income tax...or people are just going to eat cheap, get fat, sick and cost the health system money instead. Getting sick means retiring early, sitting on the dole and costing the gov money.

There should be rewards for people who consult with their GP to get off their backside.

ttps://www.abc.net.au/news/health/2019-05-01/p ... m/11061534


The Flower Angel Book by Katrina Hart
User avatar

United States of America
singleplayer101
Posts: 32
Joined: 05 May 2019
Been thanked: 3 times
Contact:
Status: Offline

Thu May 09, 2019 12:48 pm

I don't trust health star ratings. I remember there was a time that I saw a low health star rating for honey, and that was the end for me.



Australia
meltedice
Posts: 25
Joined: 13 May 2019
Has thanked: 2 times
Been thanked: 3 times
Status: Offline

Mon Jun 10, 2019 5:05 pm

singleplayer101 wrote:
Thu May 09, 2019 12:48 pm
I don't trust health star ratings. I remember there was a time that I saw a low health star rating for honey, and that was the end for me.
I noticed the same thing. Sugary cereal ranked higher.


User avatar

Topic author Australia
iRory
Posts: 31
Joined: 04 May 2019
Has thanked: 8 times
Been thanked: 5 times
Status: Offline

Tue Jun 11, 2019 3:48 pm

meltedice wrote:
Mon Jun 10, 2019 5:05 pm
singleplayer101 wrote:
Thu May 09, 2019 12:48 pm
I don't trust health star ratings. I remember there was a time that I saw a low health star rating for honey, and that was the end for me.
I noticed the same thing. Sugary cereal ranked higher.
Funny that. I look at the ratings for amusement. Nothing else.



Australia
NewEclipse9
Posts: 21
Joined: 03 August 2019
Status: Offline

Tue Aug 06, 2019 6:25 pm

If a food label says that it's "low fat" or "low something" - avoid. Most of the time a "low something" food will be over compensating in sugar or salt.



Great Britain
beautyboy
Posts: 72
Joined: 29 November 2018
Has thanked: 20 times
Been thanked: 8 times
Status: Offline

Wed Aug 07, 2019 1:03 pm

NewEclipse9 wrote:
Tue Aug 06, 2019 6:25 pm
If a food label says that it's "low fat" or "low something" - avoid. Most of the time a "low something" food will be over compensating in sugar or salt.
The worst are sugar free drinks with artificial sweeteners. They taste terrible


Cosmetic Rumours
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic