Consumers, Companies & Businesses | Join worldwide conversations and discuss your products & services on Cosmetic Rumours

Login or Register to be part of the CR Global Network

Mother Sends 5 Year Old Shopping - Returns With No Junk Food

Miscellaneous Forum

Topic author Australia
BakeThisCake

Mon Aug 12, 2019 11:09 pm

See the whole article on Daily Mail !love

- A mother reveals how she let her five-year-old son do their weekly grocery shop
- The Australian woman said she gave her little boy full control over their trolley
- He returned with a trolley full of fruits, vegetables and no junk food in sight
- The family's weekly grocery bill came to a total of $130.25

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/arti ... -list.html

Just shows that kids can make better choices than half the adults out there. I saw someone out with a trolley loaded full of junk the other day with the rest of the family tagging along. I felt so sorry for those children, bred into a life of obesity.
Kind of shocked so many junk food options out there marketed as healthy, people have lost touch with what's good for them.

The Flower Angel Book by Katrina Hart

United States of America
datsgucci

Wed Aug 14, 2019 4:11 pm

Supermarkets are lined with shelves of high-carb and low-fat foods yet obesity is on the increase. Fat is blamed as the culprit for obesity when in reality people are excessively consuming carbohydrates. A good diet mostly contains protein and healthy fats, vegetables too.

Australia
bungalow

Thu Aug 15, 2019 2:32 pm

The kid did well.
They are very impressionable at that age and really rely on their parents to understand what's healthy for them. I'm guessing that the kid has watched his mother shopping before. I always believe the first 7 years of a kid's life are the most important in shaping them and their habits so If the parents don't give two hoots about health then the children are already off to a bad start.

Finding Destiny Book by Katrina Hart
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic