Consumers, Companies & Businesses | Join worldwide conversations and discuss your products & services on Cosmetic Rumours

Login or Register to be part of the CR Global Network

Bone China made in England

Miscellaneous Forum

Topic author Great Britain
zoezoe

Tue Jun 04, 2019 1:29 pm

Does anyone know where I can get new bone china still made in England?

I know of many brands that have used to make them in England but they have moved overseas.

The Flower Angel Book by Katrina Hart

Great Britain
mrbean

Tue Jun 04, 2019 3:29 pm

Design and development is still in england but yeah its all made in Asia.

The only way to get fine bone china like Royal Albert from the era when it was made in england is to purchase it preowned. You can buy parts of tea sets online and try putting it all together.

United States of America
datsgucci

Thu Jul 11, 2019 3:18 pm

zoezoe wrote:
Tue Jun 04, 2019 1:29 pm
Does anyone know where I can get new bone china still made in England?

I know of many brands that have used to make them in England but they have moved overseas.
Royal Albert and Royal Doulton are no longer manufactured in the UK. Wedgwood have moved most production elsewhere except for a few premium items. I can tell the difference, having compared the UK sets owned to the offshored I've seen in stores.

Generally, I see no purpose in paying premium prices for operations based decisions to offshore manufacturing. The typical motive behind offshoring decisions are to increase profits by lowering the expenditure towards worker wages. Nobody is fooled.

Duchess China 1888 are of the few remaining companies who still produce Fine Bone China in the UK.
This company produces their Fine Bone China in Staffordshire.
https://www.duchess-china.co.uk/

Finding Destiny Book by Katrina Hart
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic