Consumers, Companies & Businesses | Join worldwide conversations and discuss your products & services on Cosmetic Rumours

Login or Register to be part of the CR Global Network

Login to post your products and services

Metal Roofing Vs. Asphalt Shingles

Renovating & Building Forum

Topic author United States of America
ShantelNordlund
Eye Colour: S

Wed Aug 14, 2019 5:14 am

Greetings!

Before this winter, we are thinking to replace the roof of our double story house. However, we are just confused between metal and asphalt shingles roofings. When I try to estimate the roofing cost from this roof repair and replacement contractors' site for both, then I found Asphalt little cheap as compared to metal roofing.

However, if I talk about durability, then metal roofs usually offer a lifetime guarantee and come with exceptional durability. In the same token, metal roofs are also eco-friendly that's a potential plus.

On the other hand, if we talk about the instalment time and integration, then it is easy to install Asphalt Shingles. All in all, though I am in favour of metal roofing, but I am also considering shingles due to lack of time and budget as well.

With some effort, I can try to manage a budget, but what are your views in this regard?

Waiting for your suggestions.

The Flower Angel Book by Katrina Hart

United States of America
datsgucci

Mon Aug 19, 2019 5:36 pm

ShantelNordlund wrote:
Greetings!

Before this winter, we are thinking to replace the roof of our double story house. However, we are just confused between metal and asphalt shingles roofings. When I try to estimate the roofing cost from this roof repair and replacement contractors' site for both, then I found Asphalt little cheap as compared to metal roofing.

However, if I talk about durability, then metal roofs usually offer a lifetime guarantee and come with exceptional durability. In the same token, metal roofs are also eco-friendly that's a potential plus.

On the other hand, if we talk about the instalment time and integration, then it is easy to install Asphalt Shingles. All in all, though I am in favour of metal roofing, but I am also considering shingles due to lack of time and budget as well.

With some effort, I can try to manage a budget, but what are your views in this regard?

Firstly if you have an existing home, you need to evaluate whether your roof structure can support the roof covering of your choice.

Although asphalt shingles are a momentarily cheaper option, you may require reinforcing of your roof structure to support their weight. They are approximately 2.7x heavier than corrugated steel.

Asphalt shingles do increase your susceptibility to roof leaks during storms and heavy winds. Detecting a leakage can be more challenging.

This website is a quick reference for the weighting of roofing materials.
https://roofonline.com/weight-of-roofing-materials

Have you considered slate shingles? It's an expensive option however it can last more than 150 years. Slate is energy efficient, fire resistant, environmentally friendly and low maintenance.

Canada
AlexMakeup
Eye Colour: A
Hair Colour: A

Tue Aug 20, 2019 3:46 pm

It depends on the style of home you have and the weather conditions that you live in.

I think Asphalt looks better on traditional homes

Then I think metal roofing is more durable and better for modern beach style houses. Metal sheeting is easier to replace than asphalt shingles.

to and beyond

⋆     ˚ ˚    ✦
  ⋆ ·   *
     ⋆ ✧    ·   ✧ ✵
  · ✵

Topic author United States of America
ShantelNordlund
Eye Colour: S

Sun Aug 25, 2019 1:54 am

datsgucci wrote:
Mon Aug 19, 2019 5:36 pm
ShantelNordlund wrote:
Greetings!

Firstly if you have an existing home, you need to evaluate whether your roof structure can support the roof covering of your choice.

Although asphalt shingles are a momentarily cheaper option, you may require reinforcing of your roof structure to support their weight. They are approximately 2.7x heavier than corrugated steel.

Asphalt shingles do increase your susceptibility to roof leaks during storms and heavy winds. Detecting a leakage can be more challenging.

This website is a quick reference for the weighting of roofing materials.
https://roofonline.com/weight-of-roofing-materials

Have you considered slate shingles? It's an expensive option however it can last more than 150 years. Slate is energy efficient, fire resistant, environmentally friendly and low maintenance.
Thanks for your detailed response. Yes, I can consider hard slate shingles. Also searching the pros and cons of this kind of roofing.

United States of America
MarkesOlliver

Wed Nov 20, 2019 1:27 am

I never thought of these hard slate shingles, but for harsh weather i will definitely use these shingles for roof repair.

United States of America
DarreenHaris

Sun Dec 01, 2019 5:10 pm

I would prefer metal roofing than asphalt ones, these types of roofs stay for a longer period of time. If you still have doubts then you must consider having suggestions from roof repair experts.

India
muthu

Sun Dec 08, 2019 5:46 am

Shop for Organic Products Online:
Many online stores have an array of herbal, organic, and natural products, cosmetics with various discount criteria. Organic Products Online Shopping solves the searching problem from different places. At one place someone can find various types of organic products with high quality and first and timely delivery to the valuable customers for sustainable and healthy living. The incredible and comprehensive range of organic products, herbal products, and natural products commences the same.<a href="http://www.kodaiherbal.com">Organic Products</a>
Health Benefits of Natural Products:
You are well-considered to order through a licensed supplier keeping in mind the health benefits of the ordered organic products. Ordering the weightier quality creams, lotions, vitamin dose becomes easy when you have chosen a certified organic products agency. Compare the price tags and ingredients of the variegated supplier surpassing placing an organic product order.<a href="http://www.kodaiherbal.com">herbal shopping online</a>
Ordering the weightier quality and tested organic and health superintendency products are necessary for good health and beauty. You need to order products as per the trademark and exclusivity and fetch the weightier quality and long term user benefits. A top worldwide supply uniting will help you get all products at your doorsteps within a specified time frame. You can order the weightier quality organic soaps, shampoos, minerals and organics through a top and licensed supplier agency. Never order through nonreplicable and lesser-known organic supplier chains, as you might not get surety of quality and ingredients.<a href="http://www.kodaiherbal.com">cosmetic products online shopping</a>
The best quality and the largest range of herbs and spices can be purchased online and ordered at Natural Spices. ... Natural Spices stands for as pure as possible spice blends, sauces, marinades and dressings

Finding Destiny Book by Katrina Hart
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic