Consumers, Companies & Businesses | Join worldwide conversations and discuss your products & services on Cosmetic Rumours

Login or Register to be part of the CR Global Network

Need Suggestions About Event Decorations

Interiors & Accessories Forum

Topic author United States of America
ShantelNordlund
Eye Colour: S

Fri Oct 04, 2019 2:58 am

Greetings!

First of all, I want to clear I am not talking about a single event here because in the next 2 months (November & December), we have many events at home. Yes, there is mom's birthday, Christmas and some other parties. Though I have an option to hire an event organizer in this regard but when I heard their charges, then I decided to go with my own DIY skills.

In this regard, I have searched a lot and sharing some ideas with you but keep in mind, I am here to get the expert pieces of advice about party decore.

First of all, I want to disclose that I preferred to organize these parties in the backyard garden area of our house. We have a set of chairs and tables already there that's why I am not going to rent or buy chairs and tables in this regard. However, to give these chairs and tables an excellent look, I am going to use Pink Silk Stain Rollers from here https://www.bwanaz.com/65-x-60-ft-singl ... n-roll/686. I am willing to go with pink colour silk colours but according to mom, Silver would also look great, especially for night functions. What do you say in this regard?

Secondly, I am planning about lightings. According to my husband, we should also add lanterns with some soft glowing lights. But, I didn't find an excellent online store to get some unique and attractive lighting products in this regard. It would be great if you share some ideas and buying places with me. What do you think about light globs?

Did you ever make this kind of light jars at home? Yes, there are many tutorials are available at YouTube and other DIY sites but I am looking for real experiences.

In the same token, I am also thinking about to make DIY party glasses, vases and corks for bottles. I know it would take much time and effort, but I love these kinds of pretty things in parties. I just found these images. Do you think it would easy to make such DIY things?

There are many other things in mind, but I don't think I would be successful in making them. All in all, I am looking for a complete roadmap of home event decorations from your side, especially if you have arranged such events at your home without professional help.

The Flower Angel Book by Katrina Hart

United States of America
datsgucci

Mon Oct 07, 2019 9:03 pm

ShantelNordlund wrote:
Fri Oct 04, 2019 2:58 am
Greetings!

First of all, I want to clear I am not talking about a single event here because in the next 2 months (November & December), we have many events at home. Yes, there is mom's birthday, Christmas and some other parties. Though I have an option to hire an event organizer in this regard but when I heard their charges, then I decided to go with my own DIY skills.

In this regard, I have searched a lot and sharing some ideas with you but keep in mind, I am here to get the expert pieces of advice about party decore.

First of all, I want to disclose that I preferred to organize these parties in the backyard garden area of our house. We have a set of chairs and tables already there that's why I am not going to rent or buy chairs and tables in this regard. However, to give these chairs and tables an excellent look, I am going to use Pink Silk Stain Rollers from here https://www.bwanaz.com/65-x-60-ft-singl ... n-roll/686. I am willing to go with pink colour silk colours but according to mom, Silver would also look great, especially for night functions. What do you say in this regard?

Secondly, I am planning about lightings. According to my husband, we should also add lanterns with some soft glowing lights. But, I didn't find an excellent online store to get some unique and attractive lighting products in this regard. It would be great if you share some ideas and buying places with me. What do you think about light globs?

Did you ever make this kind of light jars at home? Yes, there are many tutorials are available at YouTube and other DIY sites but I am looking for real experiences.

In the same token, I am also thinking about to make DIY party glasses, vases and corks for bottles. I know it would take much time and effort, but I love these kinds of pretty things in parties. I just found these images. Do you think it would easy to make such DIY things?

There are many other things in mind, but I don't think I would be successful in making them. All in all, I am looking for a complete roadmap of home event decorations from your side, especially if you have arranged such events at your home without professional help.
Hi Shantel,

The main concern with offering an entertaining experience is offering a variety of food and drink; to cater for people with various dietary restrictions and preferences. Understanding your guests and offering an appropriate food selection is important so nobody is excluded. Vegetarian, vegan, gluten-free and lactose-free options are among the most common considerations. When guests are well-fed, pleasant conversations follow.

Other considerations are:

Lighting

Lighting is influential in setting the mood for the evening. Decorative lights create an ambient atmosphere and decorate an otherwise blander outdoor area. They mark the occasion as special and deserving of a change from the usual stark bright LEDs.

You might be interested in this style of lighting. These Party Lights lights differ from alternatives - when one bulb burns out, the rest remain lit.

https://www.partylights.com/48-Commerci ... rrel-Bulbs

Music

Background music is an alleviator of silences caused by breaks in conversation. Choose upbeat tracks to run softly in the background.

Accuradio is a free and convenient app and website that offers stations for several genres spanning over many decades. You have the option to skip certain songs. You can connect your device to a speaker system via auxillary cable or via bluetooth. Auxillary is more reliable.

https://www.accuradio.com/keyword/Party/

Wine Glass Charms

Wine glass charms help guests identify their drinks and therefore prevent confusion at the table. Charms can be decorative and contribute to the evening theme.

You can try your creative hand by creating your own charms to your preferred style. Here's a video tutorial on how these can be made:

Or you can purchase wine charms from Vinocharm.

https://www.etsy.com/listing/637214936/ ... ro=1&frs=1

Topic author United States of America
ShantelNordlund
Eye Colour: S

Wed Oct 09, 2019 4:41 am

datsgucci wrote:
Mon Oct 07, 2019 9:03 pm

Hi Shantel,

The main concern with offering an entertaining experience is offering a variety of food and drink; to cater for people with various dietary restrictions and preferences. Understanding your guests and offering an appropriate food selection is important so nobody is excluded. Vegetarian, vegan, gluten-free and lactose-free options are among the most common considerations. When guests are well-fed, pleasant conversations follow.

Other considerations are:

Lighting

Lighting is influential in setting the mood for the evening. Decorative lights create an ambient atmosphere and decorate an otherwise blander outdoor area. They mark the occasion as special and deserving of a change from the usual stark bright LEDs.

You might be interested in this style of lighting. These Party Lights lights differ from alternatives - when one bulb burns out, the rest remain lit.

https://www.partylights.com/48-Commerci ... rrel-Bulbs

Music

Background music is an alleviator of silences caused by breaks in conversation. Choose upbeat tracks to run softly in the background.

Accuradio is a free and convenient app and website that offers stations for several genres spanning over many decades. You have the option to skip certain songs. You can connect your device to a speaker system via auxillary cable or via bluetooth. Auxillary is more reliable.

https://www.accuradio.com/keyword/Party/

Wine Glass Charms

Wine glass charms help guests identify their drinks and therefore prevent confusion at the table. Charms can be decorative and contribute to the evening theme.

You can try your creative hand by creating your own charms to your preferred style. Here's a video tutorial on how these can be made:

Or you can purchase wine charms from Vinocharm.

https://www.etsy.com/listing/637214936/ ... ro=1&frs=1

Thanks a lot datsgucci!

I like all of your suggestions but your recommendation about party lighting is awesome especially it looks very safe.

United States of America
datsgucci

Wed Oct 09, 2019 6:21 am

Yes they are designed for both indoor and outdoor use.

Finding Destiny Book by Katrina Hart
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic