Consumers, Companies & Businesses | Join worldwide conversations and discuss your products & services on Cosmetic Rumours

Login or Register to be part of the CR Global Network

Login to post your products and services

How do you make the best cup of coffee?

Beverages Forum

Topic author Australia
Platinumxx

Fri Feb 21, 2020 1:07 am

There are many ways to make a coffee however which, in your opinion, is the best method in terms of taste, convenience, price and skill?

Some of the larger coffee machines produce appealing results with their multitude of functions but contain a large number of moving internal parts that must be serviced properly to avoid breakdowns.

Jura Z6 New Auto Coffee - Diamond Black

Other coffee machines such as moka pots can last a lifetime with only seal replacement required. That's providing that the unit is stainless steel.

Alternative Brewing Australia sell Bialetti Venus Moka Pot

Depending on the coffee making method, a separate milk frother may be beneficial to complete the final taste.

Cilio AeroLatte Hot Compact Milk Frother

What do you use to make the perfect cup of coffee?

The Flower Angel Book by Katrina Hart

Australia
BeccaKurtis

Sun Feb 23, 2020 5:47 pm

My best cups of coffee have been with a 2 cup moka pot and a conical grinder - both totally affordable. I grind Macro organic coffee beans *coarse for moka pot* with my conical grinder and then fill the filter basket with grounds leaving a little gap from the top. Not all the way to the top. Same with the water. The water should never pass the valve.
I add sugar and milk as desired with a taste test along the way.

Topic author Australia
Platinumxx

Mon Feb 24, 2020 11:23 am

BeccaKurtis wrote:
My best cups of coffee have been with a 2 cup moka pot and a conical grinder - both totally affordable. I grind Macro organic coffee beans *coarse for moka pot* with my conical grinder and then fill the filter basket with grounds leaving a little gap from the top. Not all the way to the top. Same with the water. The water should never pass the valve.
Did you like your conical grinder? I have a noise imposing Breville. Sooner or later every Breville appliance in my ownership has broken, even when barely used and cared for.

Great Britain
Shaun Pierce

Tue Feb 25, 2020 1:03 am

BeccaKurtis wrote:
Never had success with coarse grounds. The granules get into in my coffee.

United States of America
Sera Beauty

Wed Feb 26, 2020 11:50 am

My life is so busy so im an instant kind of coffee person

Great Britain
andrew_o_1992

Thu Feb 27, 2020 12:00 am

How am I meant to know how coarse or fine to grind coffee beans? Am i missing something.

United States of America
Lisummer

Wed Mar 04, 2020 9:39 pm

I think the taste of coffee depends more on the type of coffee beans and the way they were roasted and grinded.
Recently, I decided to do everything on the way to the perfect cup of coffee myself. I mean, I had a popcorn popper and now I use it regularly for roasting good coffee beans, grind them myself and make my perfect morning coffee using my lovely coffee machine(which isn't professional or extra expensive).

Topic author Australia
Platinumxx

Thu Mar 05, 2020 11:23 pm

andrew_o_1992 wrote:
How am I meant to know how coarse or fine to grind coffee beans? Am i missing something.
This guide explains the best grind sizes. Hope it helps.

Topic author Australia
Platinumxx

Thu Mar 05, 2020 11:30 pm

Lisummer wrote:
Wed Mar 04, 2020 9:39 pm
I think the taste of coffee depends more on the type of coffee beans and the way they were roasted and grinded.
Recently, I decided to do everything on the way to the perfect cup of coffee myself. I mean, I had a popcorn popper and now I use it regularly for roasting good coffee beans, grind them myself and make my perfect morning coffee using my lovely coffee machine(which isn't professional or extra expensive).
Do you grow your own beans or do you buy them fresh from somewhere? How does the taste compare to store bought beans? Very interested in trying this.

Australia
BeccaKurtis

Fri Mar 06, 2020 1:26 pm

Platinumxx wrote:
Mon Feb 24, 2020 11:23 am
BeccaKurtis wrote:
Did you like your conical grinder? I have a noise imposing Breville. Sooner or later every Breville appliance in my ownership has broken, even when barely used and cared for.
Breville, really. o_O They'e price is haha up there.

I never thought I needed a conical grinder *true skeptic then* until my best friend's brother gave me a demo - to the nonbeliever I was. He made two cups of coffee (with the same beans) grounded in a conical then flat burr grinder. From cup to cup (same proportions) the flavour change was huge - I could taste all the notes. So that's how I got myself one and yes, I recommend a conical grinder to every coffee connoisseur.

Australia
BeccaKurtis

Fri Mar 06, 2020 1:30 pm

Shaun Pierce wrote:
Tue Feb 25, 2020 1:03 am
BeccaKurtis wrote:
Never had success with coarse grounds. The granules get into in my coffee.
Not that coarse haha.

New Zealand
AprilFaith101

Sat Mar 07, 2020 4:14 pm

Platinumxx wrote:
andrew_o_1992 wrote:

Great poster, I'll use it for my coffee.

But I'll have to get a coffee grinder, because I use already ground beans.

Great Britain
andrew_o_1992

Mon Mar 16, 2020 1:11 am

Platinumxx wrote:
andrew_o_1992 wrote:

sweet diagram, thanks.

Finding Destiny Book by Katrina Hart
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic