Consumers, Companies & Businesses | Join worldwide conversations and discuss your products & services on Cosmetic Rumours

Login or Register to be part of the CR Global Network

Should I buy a smart watch or a fitness tracker?

Electronics Forum

Topic author Australia
bungalow

Wed Jul 17, 2019 2:28 pm

I need a device to track my fitness activity and double as a watch to wear on my wrist all day.

Should I buy a smart watch or a fitness tracker? Which has better battery life?

Thanks everyone

The Flower Angel Book by Katrina Hart

Germany
lexiglossyxo

Wed Sep 04, 2019 3:08 pm

Smart watch all the way. Access apps on them.

LEXI <3

India
chandanlalit

Thu Sep 05, 2019 8:53 am

The fitness tracker is simpler and least expensive and more durable. Your needs depend on purchase. I prefer a smart watch then If I place hands in warm water I would like to know if it will break?

Australia
seven8nine

Sun Sep 08, 2019 2:09 pm

Go for a fitness tracker if you have a more active lifestyle and a smart watch if you're less active.

I've smashed my fair share of watches, personally I'd buy the fitbit. A fitness tracker is less likely to break.

Better measure calorie burn, understand resting heart rate and more with 24/7 heart rate tracking
Battery lasts up to 7 days for continuous access to insights and inspiration, varies with use and other factors
Use 15 plus exercise modes, set goals, see progress in real time and learn how to improve over time
Automatically record time spent in Light, Deep and REM sleep stages and get tips for better sleep
Swimproof and water resistant to 50M so you can track swims, wear in the shower and more

https://www.amazon.com.au/Fitbit-Fitnes ... ics&sr=1-1

Topic author Australia
bungalow

Mon Sep 09, 2019 8:47 am

lexiglossyxo wrote:
Wed Sep 04, 2019 3:08 pm
Smart watch all the way. Access apps on them.
How do you make a phone call on a smart watch? Is there a loud speaker?

Topic author Australia
bungalow

Mon Sep 09, 2019 8:58 am

chandanlalit wrote:
Thu Sep 05, 2019 8:53 am
The fitness tracker is simpler and least expensive and more durable. Your needs depend on purchase. I prefer a smart watch then If I place hands in warm water I would like to know if it will break?
That's a point. It'd be no use if I wash the dishes and the smart watch breaks.

Topic author Australia
bungalow

Mon Sep 09, 2019 9:05 am

seven8nine wrote:
Sun Sep 08, 2019 2:09 pm
Go for a fitness tracker if you have a more active lifestyle and a smart watch if you're less active.

I've smashed my fair share of watches, personally I'd buy the fitbit. A fitness tracker is less likely to break.

Better measure calorie burn, understand resting heart rate and more with 24/7 heart rate tracking
Battery lasts up to 7 days for continuous access to insights and inspiration, varies with use and other factors
Use 15 plus exercise modes, set goals, see progress in real time and learn how to improve over time
Automatically record time spent in Light, Deep and REM sleep stages and get tips for better sleep
Swimproof and water resistant to 50M so you can track swims, wear in the shower and more

https://www.amazon.com.au/Fitbit-Fitnes ... ics&sr=1-1

Just checked the Fitbit website and didn't realise they have their own smart watch coming out - fitbit versa 2. I'm keen on using their on screen workouts and sleep score calculator.

https://www.fitbit.com/au/shop/versa

Finding Destiny Book by Katrina Hart
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic