Consumers, Companies & Businesses | Join worldwide conversations and discuss your products & services on Cosmetic Rumours

Login or Register to be part of the CR Global Network

The Best Way To Charge Your Phone | It's Not Wireless Charging

Electronics Forum

Topic author France
technom

Mon Jul 15, 2019 2:38 pm

People don't realise that device batteries can be destroyed with improper use. I didn't realise this myself until some time ago.

It's best to follow these battery rules when charging a phone, tablet, so on. I do and the difference is incredible, my device batteries are lasting much longer than before.
  • For the time being, think about avoiding wireless charging. There's new research showing that induction charging (wireless charging) is detrimental to the longevity of lithium-ion batteries because the wireless charging process generates additional heat. More than generated with using a cable. Excess heat
  • Use a phone case that allows heat to escape. Overheating ruins lithium-ion batteries.
  • Repeatedly dropping a phone is detrimental to the battery.
  • Avoid Full Cycle Charging. Don't run a phone completely flat.
  • A battery should only be run flat (0%) once a month as a reset.
  • It's recommended to top up a battery throughout the day and maintain battery the percentage above 40%.
  • Avoid Idle charging. Do not leave lithium-ion batteries plugged into a docking station or charger all day. Excess heat is generated from power dissipation.

The Flower Angel Book by Katrina Hart

Australia
CoolAria

Mon Jul 15, 2019 8:55 pm

Thanks for the info.

My old iPhone is pretty much shot because i didn't bother charge the battery properly. I pretty much have to use extra battery packs to charge it up whenever I go out.

India
chandanlalit

Wed Jul 17, 2019 10:13 pm

Many precautions against the battery that it should not be left on long term charges or the reduced battery capacity until its chargeless.I thought the software could be turned off to destroy the power buildup. Maybe each device and its technque .

Australia
atlas2111

Fri Jul 19, 2019 7:31 am

Na I don’t like wireless charging. It has too many problems. Firstly it’s slower than cable. Enough said.

United States of America
datsgucci

Fri Jul 19, 2019 9:33 pm

People still completely charge and deplete their lithium-ion batteries, confusing them with the older rechargeable nickel–cadmium batteries which maintain a memory after partial discharge & charge cycles. The key to a longer lasting lithium-ion battery is to minimize complete instances of full discharging. No battery lasts forever, they are chemically limited to a number of cycles.

Cosmetic Rumours
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic