It's best to follow these battery rules when charging a phone, tablet, so on. I do and the difference is incredible, my device batteries are lasting much longer than before.
- For the time being, think about avoiding wireless charging. There's new research showing that induction charging (wireless charging) is detrimental to the longevity of lithium-ion batteries because the wireless charging process generates additional heat. More than generated with using a cable. Excess heat
- Use a phone case that allows heat to escape. Overheating ruins lithium-ion batteries.
- Repeatedly dropping a phone is detrimental to the battery.
- Avoid Full Cycle Charging. Don't run a phone completely flat.
- A battery should only be run flat (0%) once a month as a reset.
- It's recommended to top up a battery throughout the day and maintain battery the percentage above 40%.
- Avoid Idle charging. Do not leave lithium-ion batteries plugged into a docking station or charger all day. Excess heat is generated from power dissipation.