Consumers, Companies & Businesses | Join worldwide conversations and discuss your products & services on Cosmetic Rumours

Login or Register to be part of the CR Global Network

Login to post your products and services

Power cube or powerboard?

Electronics Forum

Topic author India
madhavi madan

Tue Jan 07, 2020 2:42 pm

Hello,

Which do you think is better value electronics, a power cube or a powerboard?

The Flower Angel Book by Katrina Hart

United States of America
miajane
Eye Colour: D
Hair Colour: B

Wed Jan 08, 2020 2:42 am

i prefer everything about power cubes! i have two atm. they save space plus their usb ports mean no searching for one of those chargers.

-
MiaMia

United States of America
datsgucci

Wed Jan 08, 2020 10:12 pm

The major difference is that powercubes offer no surge suppression or protection - not ideal for expensive equipment. Otherwise the compactness of a powercube is excellent.

Topic author India
madhavi madan

Thu Jan 09, 2020 6:35 pm

miajane wrote:
i prefer everything about power cubes! i have two atm. they save space plus their usb ports mean no searching for one of those chargers.
I agree and adapter consume valuable room. Even entering the next power socket space.

Topic author India
madhavi madan

Thu Jan 09, 2020 6:42 pm

datsgucci wrote:
The major difference is that powercubes offer no surge suppression or protection - not ideal for expensive equipment. Otherwise the compactness of a powercube is excellent.
Is it the same as normal power socket, without electric surge protection?

United States of America
miajane
Eye Colour: D
Hair Colour: B

Fri Jan 10, 2020 11:54 am

madhavi madan wrote:
Thu Jan 09, 2020 6:35 pm
miajane wrote:
I agree and adapter consume valuable room. Even entering the next power socket space.
oh yes thick chargers. at least they’re not as popular anymore

-
MiaMia

Australia
atlas2111

Fri Jan 10, 2020 8:47 pm

datsgucci wrote:
Gee Whiz. Surge protection is basic.

United States of America
datsgucci

Mon Jan 13, 2020 12:46 am

madhavi madan wrote:
datsgucci wrote:
Yes, however the more sensitive of microprocessors should be connected to a surge protector of a decent rating. Note that not all surge protectors are rated equal; higher joule ratings offer better protection against larger surges. You should select a unit with at least 2000 joules for decent protection.

Over time surge protectors do fail and require replacement after voltage spikes. This is why it's important to select one with an indicator light that specifies when the internal metal oxide varistors (MOVs) fail. This occurs when they're exposed to voltages well beyond their rated values.

Inexpensive protectors can trip long after the voltage has spiked effectively damaging the connected device(s) regardless. That's why you need equipment rated with a response time of less than one nanosecond.

Topic author India
madhavi madan

Tue Jan 14, 2020 1:04 pm

datsgucci wrote:
Mon Jan 13, 2020 12:46 am
madhavi madan wrote:
datsgucci wrote:
Yes, however the more sensitive of microprocessors should be connected to a surge protector of a decent rating. Note that not all surge protectors are rated equal; higher joule ratings offer better protection against larger surges. You should select a unit with at least 2000 joules for decent protection.

Over time surge protectors do fail and require replacement after voltage spikes. This is why it's important to select one with an indicator light that specifies when the internal metal oxide varistors (MOVs) fail. This occurs when they're exposed to voltages well beyond their rated values.

Inexpensive protectors can trip long after the voltage has spiked effectively damaging the connected device(s) regardless. That's why you need equipment rated with a response time of less than one nanosecond.
Ok. Thank you.
Must my computer be linked to surge protection?
Do you recommend Targus powerboard for my purchase?

https://www.vplak.com/targus-smart-surg ... ctor-p1371
Targus Smart Surge 4 APS12AP-50 Surge Protector

United States of America
makeupbyjenna
Eye Colour: R
Hair Colour: C

Wed Jan 15, 2020 11:17 pm

Have you thought of having both? Besides, you'll always have the right one handy for the size you need. Power boards have way more slots for plugs.

~~~~~~~~
Too glam

Topic author India
madhavi madan

Sat Jan 18, 2020 12:28 am

makeupbyjenna wrote:
Wed Jan 15, 2020 11:17 pm
Have you thought of having both? Besides, you'll always have the right one handy for the size you need. Power boards have way more slots for plugs.
Because I trouble to spend the money on a powerboard, it may as well have the extra protection from voltage rises. Powercube is without protection.

Finding Destiny Book by Katrina Hart
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic