Consumers, Companies & Businesses | Join worldwide conversations and discuss your products & services on Cosmetic Rumours

Login or Register to be part of the CR Global Network

Login to post your products and services

Where Do You Sell Your Used Phones?

Mobile Phones Forum

Topic author United States of America
ShantelNordlund
Eye Colour: S

Mon Nov 18, 2019 8:19 pm

Greetings!

Though I was considering to buy a new smartphone from the last 6 six months but now finally, I have enough saving to get a new one. However, I also want to sell my used phone. It's basically iPhone 7 and yes, its condition is good because I don't play so many games on it.

Few of my friends suggested me to go with Craigslist but I don't want to meet anyone personally to sell my phone. That's why I am considering these two options. One is eBay and the second one is https://cashaphone.com.au/. I am willing to go with Cash A Phone because they recycle the phone and sell to developing countries. However, I am not sure either they offer services in the US or not. Though they wrote on the site that they have offices in US, Middle East and Asia but I would like to know your experience with them.

Otherwise, you can share your experience of selling your phone to an online site. Please come with the right pieces of suggestions.

Waiting for your responses.

The Flower Angel Book by Katrina Hart

United States of America
datsgucci

Tue Nov 19, 2019 2:05 pm

ShantelNordlund wrote:
Greetings!

Though I was considering to buy a new smartphone from the last 6 six months but now finally, I have enough saving to get a new one. However, I also want to sell my used phone. It's basically iPhone 7 and yes, its condition is good because I don't play so many games on it.

Few of my friends suggested me to go with Craigslist but I don't want to meet anyone personally to sell my phone. That's why I am considering these two options. One is eBay and the second one is https://cashaphone.com.au/. I am willing to go with Cash A Phone because they recycle the phone and sell to developing countries. However, I am not sure either they offer services in the US or not. Though they wrote on the site that they have offices in US, Middle East and Asia but I would like to know your experience with them.

Otherwise, you can share your experience of selling your phone to an online site. Please come with the right pieces of suggestions.

Hi Shantel,

The Cashaphone service offers $230 for a 128GB iPhone 7 in excellent condition providing it meets their "excellent" requirements one of which includes "No scratches or dents on back housing or corners of housing". If anything is examined close enough scratches can be found. You'd need clarification on that one.

Because a lot of data is stored on a phone you'd want to ensure that it has been factory reset several times - 5 minimum. Even then data can still be recoverable. This is because a factory reset only "logically" removes data so that space has been made available for use. Underneath, information can still be stored in the device's memory until it has been written over. There are shredder apps which rewrite over the disc with random 1s and 0s. Then, it depends if the shredder app has access to all the phone's storage to properly shred everything. The safest option is to break the phone with a hammer - that's what I'd do. Remove the battery first.

Here's a shredder app for iOS if you're interested.

iShredder

Australia
seven8nine

Wed Nov 20, 2019 6:38 pm

I would probably sell it yourself... sending it off THEN getting paid could be risky. It'd be hard to prove that the phone was ever sent in the first place if it goes wrong.

India
Rishabh_Khatri

Thu Nov 21, 2019 5:10 pm

seven8nine wrote:
I would probably sell it yourself... sending it off THEN getting paid could be risky. It'd be hard to prove that the phone was ever sent in the first place if it goes wrong.
https://www.cashify.in/ Cashify in India are different in their method. They pick up the phone from your location and pay you immediately for definite possession.

Australia
toones

Fri Nov 22, 2019 2:01 pm

seven8nine wrote:
Send the phone through registered post.

United States of America
influx

Tue Nov 26, 2019 12:57 pm

ShantelNordlund wrote:
Greetings!

I go to Jumping Jack Cash, Denver CO. Pretty helpful service there.
https://jumpingjackcash.com/

Topic author United States of America
ShantelNordlund
Eye Colour: S

Thu Nov 28, 2019 3:41 am

seven8nine wrote:
Yes, that's a reason due to which people prefer to sell via face to face meeting and prefer to post ad at Craigslist.

Australia
seven8nine

Thu Dec 05, 2019 7:09 pm

ShantelNordlund wrote:
Thu Nov 28, 2019 3:41 am
seven8nine wrote:
Yes, that's a reason due to which people prefer to sell via face to face meeting and prefer to post ad at Craigslist.
Yeah. It's better when the money is received right away.

Love In Little Snow Book by Katrina Hart
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic