Consumers, Companies & Businesses | Join worldwide conversations and discuss your products & services on Cosmetic Rumours

Login or Register to be part of the CR Global Network

Login to post your products and services

The best camera on a mobile phone

Mobile Phones Forum

Topic author India
Rishabh_Khatri

Mon Nov 11, 2019 3:49 pm

Hello
I've been searching for new mobile with the best camera and have this question;
Is it necessary now for newest phone to have more than one camera to capture very good quality photographs?

I'd very much like to hear your answer.

The Flower Angel Book by Katrina Hart

United States of America
datsgucci

Sun Nov 17, 2019 12:18 pm

Rishabh_Khatri wrote:
Hello
Is it necessary now for newest phone to have more than one camera to capture very good quality photographs?

The latest smartphones have at least two backwards facing cameras to offer both normal and telephoto image capturing functionality.

The reason is when you "zoom in" with a standard single mobile phone camera, you're not physically "zooming in". Instead you're using digital zoom software to enlarge the desired area of the image which produces a relatively pixelated result. As far as image quality is concerned, it's no different to taking a photo and cropping it later with a compromise to overall image quality.

The idea of the second new camera is to provide clearer "zoomed in" images by using similar telephoto technology to high-end digital camera equipment. To achieve this, two cameras are needed on the phone's back surface for the device to remain slim; otherwise there would be large and easily breakable moving parts if one camera were to offer this functionality.

So yes.

Topic author India
Rishabh_Khatri

Tue Nov 19, 2019 4:54 pm

datsgucci wrote:
Rishabh_Khatri wrote:
Hello

The latest smartphones have at least two backwards facing cameras to offer both normal and telephoto image capturing functionality.

The reason is when you "zoom in" with a standard single mobile phone camera, you're not physically "zooming in". Instead you're using digital zoom software to enlarge the desired area of the image which produces a relatively pixelated result. As far as image quality is concerned, it's no different to taking a photo and cropping it later with a compromise to overall image quality.

The idea of the second new camera is to provide clearer "zoomed in" images by using similar telephoto technology to high-end digital camera equipment. To achieve this, two cameras are needed on the phone's back surface for the device to remain slim; otherwise there would be large and easily breakable moving parts if one camera were to offer this functionality.

So yes.
I understand. Thank you. Does the Pixel make a good phone?

India
rishabhb398

Tue Nov 19, 2019 6:15 pm

Hey Members,

All the latest smartphones have more than one camera. And yeah it is useful as more than one camera provides good quality pictures.

There is a latest launch by Redmi: Xiaomi Mi Note 10. It has five cameras at the back with a 108 Mp sensor.

It includes a periscope lens with up to 5X optical zoom, 50X digital zoom, and 10X hybrid zoom and even more.

Redmi Note 10 has a 5170 mAh battery. It is a great device by Redmi with the best camera quality I have ever seen in Redmi phones.

Regards,
Rishabh Bansal

United States of America
datsgucci

Wed Nov 20, 2019 1:29 pm

Rishabh_Khatri wrote:
datsgucci wrote:
Rishabh_Khatri wrote:
Hello

So yes.
I can't say that I've owned a Pixel phone to speak from direct experience however among reviewers the Pixel camera is generally considered among the best.

As rishabhb398 said, there's also the new Redmi: Xiaomi Mi Note 10 which is a strong contender with a large 5260 mAh battery.

Topic author India
Rishabh_Khatri

Thu Nov 21, 2019 4:36 pm

rishabhb398 wrote:
Tue Nov 19, 2019 6:15 pm
Hey Members,

All the latest smartphones have more than one camera. And yeah it is useful as more than one camera provides good quality pictures.

There is a latest launch by Redmi: Xiaomi Mi Note 10. It has five cameras at the back with a 108 Mp sensor.

It includes a periscope lens with up to 5X optical zoom, 50X digital zoom, and 10X hybrid zoom and even more.

Redmi Note 10 has a 5170 mAh battery. It is a great device by Redmi with the best camera quality I have ever seen in Redmi phones.

Regards,
Rishabh Bansal
I'm surprised in a way;

It has 6 cameras and a 5170mah battery however weighs 15g greater than the iPhone 11. To compare the iPhone 11 has two 12mp cameras and 3110 mah battery.

You get greater value for 15g more ;)

Topic author India
Rishabh_Khatri

Thu Nov 21, 2019 4:58 pm

datsgucci wrote:
Wed Nov 20, 2019 1:29 pm
Rishabh_Khatri wrote:
datsgucci wrote:
Rishabh_Khatri wrote:
Hello

So yes.
I can't say that I've owned a Pixel phone to speak from direct experience however among reviewers the Pixel camera is generally considered among the best.

As rishabhb398 said, there's also the new Redmi: Xiaomi Mi Note 10 which is a strong contender with a large 5260 mAh battery.
Value is integral to my purchase I've decided between the Pixel, S10 and Xiaomi phones.

It's not just the camera but also the software in the phone making adjustments.

Australia
toones

Fri Nov 22, 2019 1:57 pm

The Samsung s11 is about to be released. I'd wait!
https://www.tomsguide.com/us/galaxy-s11 ... 29590.html

United States of America
influx

Tue Nov 26, 2019 12:59 pm

toones wrote:
Expecting no less than 10 cameras on the back ;)

Australia
toones

Sun Dec 01, 2019 11:01 pm

influx wrote:
toones wrote:
That's minimalist

There has to be 15

Topic author India
Rishabh_Khatri

Thu Dec 12, 2019 5:25 pm

toones wrote:
Sun Dec 01, 2019 11:01 pm
influx wrote:
toones wrote:
That's minimalist

There has to be 15

Always more and more added to devices
Hopefully for better features

Finding Destiny Book by Katrina Hart
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic