Consumers, Companies & Businesses | Join worldwide conversations and discuss your products & services on Cosmetic Rumours

Login or Register to be part of the CR Global Network

Login to post your products and services

Rhodium-Plated Rings

Women's Fashion & Accessories

Topic author Australia
Jewelab521

Tue Feb 11, 2020 2:45 pm

I've been doing some jewellery shopping online and I'm thinking of something that is a bit "out-there" and different.

What I've almost decided on is "rhodium plated" jewellery.

I've done a bit of research, and it seems that there are advantages and disadvantages of this. Advantages are that it adds a protective coating to your ring to prevent it from scratching. Disadvantages are that the coating will eventually rub off, and that it changes the colour of your ring to something less bright.

Do you think it is a good pick? Any personal experiences, if any?

The Flower Angel Book by Katrina Hart

Australia
Platinumxx

Tue Feb 11, 2020 11:46 pm

Yes the coating will certainly rub off. That's why I purchased a solid platinum diamond ring in Florence. Requires no dipping every 6 months. The craftsmanship & quality is much better overseas. None of this Michael Hill or Angus & Coote nonsense.

Australia
Platinumxx

Wed Feb 12, 2020 12:01 am

& let me add...

To pay $5000 for a cookie cutter ring that you have to redip every 5 months is a joke. For my special man, he'll be treated to a Florentine holiday to have his ring individually crafted there.

https://www.anguscoote.com.au/jewellery ... ng/8045580

Australia
KuroGolden

Tue Mar 24, 2020 6:32 pm

I reckon just get gold. It never fails anyone. It's universally liked. Anything that sounds too different may be a bit undeveloped for the consumer market. But its your decision ultimately.

Finding Destiny Book by Katrina Hart
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic