Consumers, Companies & Businesses | Join worldwide conversations and discuss your products & services on Cosmetic Rumours

Login or Register to be part of the CR Global Network

Login to post your products and services

Watch recommendations

Men's Fashion & Accessories

Topic author United States of America
Pononena

Tue Nov 26, 2019 10:02 pm

Hello everyone, I need your good advice!

My dad will be turning 60 soon and I want to get him a good quality watch. Can I get some recommendations from you guys?

His ideal watch is small and light. He used to like Movado watches and he is currently wearing this thin silver Omega. I don't know the year and model but I'll update this thread as soon as I find out.

I showed him my IWC Portofino and he thinks that watch is too big. The diameter is 42mm and thickness is 13.2mm. He only likes metal bands too.

My target budget is under 5K but I'm open to suggestions. Thanks!

The Flower Angel Book by Katrina Hart

United States of America
datsgucci

Wed Nov 27, 2019 12:49 am

Pononena wrote:
Hello everyone, I need your help!

My dad will be turning 60 soon and I want to get him a good quality watch. Can I get some recommendations from you guys?

His ideal watch is small and light. He used to like Movado watches and he is currently wearing this thin silver Omega. I don't know the year and model but I'll update this thread as soon as I find out.

I showed him my IWC Portofino and he thinks that watch is too big. The diameter is 42mm and thickness is 13.2mm. He only likes metal bands too.

Hi Pononena

Would he by any chance be a Nissan fan?

https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a2818 ... aph-watch/

Nissan have an anniversary watch commemorating the Skyline. The model is a modification of The Grand Seiko watch.

It’s very pricey...

Otherwise there’s the Seiko Astron for around $2,100. They’re a very classy & reliable watch that syncs time via GPS satellites.

https://www.seikowatches.com/us-en/prod ... /5x-series

Australia
seven8nine

Thu Dec 05, 2019 7:47 pm

Pononena wrote:
Hello everyone, I need your good advice!

Does he prefer........

1. Leather or plastic or metal wristbands
2. Solar, mechanical or battery as the power source
3. Analogue, digital or both on the watch face
4. Waterproof 50m or more?
5. A dress watch or a sports watch?

Finding Destiny Book by Katrina Hart
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic