Consumers, Companies & Businesses | Join worldwide conversations and discuss your products & services on Cosmetic Rumours

Login or Register to be part of the CR Global Network

Redness after medium-depth chemical peel, skin worse?

Women's Beauty & Grooming Forum

Topic author Australia
muajamie

Sun Jul 21, 2019 1:46 pm

This week I had a medium-depth chemical peel on my face. My skin is extremely red, cheeks and nose are swollen and inflamed. I'm hoping that by going makeup free my skin will heal. So embarrassed over the extreme redness the peel has caused. now I'm hoping that the damage is reversible after reading horror stories online about redness from chemical peels persisting after years. My partner is concerned and has told me to visit my GP and book myself to see a dermatologist. He also said that I may be overreacting because it's only a few days since I've had this done. Neither him or I have had a peel before. I'm hoping one of you beauties will know what I should do.

The Flower Angel Book by Katrina Hart

Great Britain
HaileyHall

Mon Jul 22, 2019 1:24 am

Swollen and inflamed doesn't sound right. You should see a dermatologist to be sure you didn't damage your skin. They might give you a cream to use. 7 - 14 days is the time it takes for skin to crust, change colour and peel off. Medium depth can cause redness that can last many months and hyperpigmentation. I really hope this isn't the case for you.

Hailey !eyeshadow2
Cosmetic Rumours
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic