Consumers, Companies & Businesses | Join worldwide conversations and discuss your products & services on Cosmetic Rumours

Login or Register to be part of the CR Global Network

Login to post your products and services

Need some help please!!!

Women's Beauty & Grooming Forum

Topic author France
Tonyd

Thu Mar 26, 2020 3:56 am

Hi everyone!

I just registered here in order to find some help. My sister's birthday is coming soon and I would love to offer her some original perfume or a nice make up cofferet box.

Now my major problem is :
- I am a guy so I don't really know much about cosmetics...
- my sister is very much into this so I don't want to disappoint her with something quite common.
Any original ideas!?

Many thanks!

The Flower Angel Book by Katrina Hart

Australia
muajamie

Thu Mar 26, 2020 9:55 am

Tonyd wrote:
Thu Mar 26, 2020 3:56 am
Hi everyone!

I just registered here in order to find some help. My sister's birthday is coming soon and I would love to offer her some original perfume or a nice make up cofferet box.

Now my major problem is :
- I am a guy so I don't really know much about cosmetics...
- my sister is very much into this so I don't want to disappoint her with something quite common.
Any original ideas!?

Many thanks!
For me, I like Georgio Armani fragrances because the smells maintain their notes for longer than pop star fragrances. Perfume, is a tricky gift to give, they react differently on skin types and can turn into a rancid type smell depending on your skins acidity. Unless you know what type of perfume she wears I would stay clear from this type of gift and perhaps go for a safer option of purchasing a trinket of some sorts. Even a long term reminder of you like a nice necklace or Pandora charm that she would appreciate and take with her everywhere. This is probably not what you want to hear but I want to give you my honest opinion,

Great Britain
Maxsy

Sun Mar 29, 2020 12:47 am

Muajamie explained it perfectly - you dont know whether she'd wear it.....

It's too personal an item for anyone to decide for....Well, that's unless you know what fragrance she likes to wear....then that gift wouldn't come as much of a surprise.

I bought my father a cologne 4 years back that he never wore. Pretty sad really. Don't choose fragrance.

Hand creams, face masks and bath fizzers are a much safer or.... a new set of makeup brushes or a makeup gift set. You can get her 2 or 3 sets so something like the Estée Lauder S.O.S. Skincare Repair + Glow Essentials Set, Delectable Hand Cream Collection and L'Occitane Shea Butter Skin Saviors Kit. - not clearly labelled antiaging because she might get offended.

Every girl likes hair care products (I know I do). So you can mix it up too.

The takeaway is to choose something that she'll enjoy but won't be overly fussy over.

United States of America
ShantelNordlund
Eye Colour: S

Sun Mar 29, 2020 1:55 am

May I know the age of your sister? And from where you are thinking to order cosmetic gift?

Finding Destiny Book by Katrina Hart
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic