Consumers, Companies & Businesses | Join worldwide conversations and discuss your products & services on Cosmetic Rumours

Login or Register to be part of the CR Global Network

Login to post your products and services

Minimalist wardrobe for men

Men's Beauty & Grooming Forum

Topic author Great Britain
zane811

Fri Jun 07, 2019 12:15 am

Hi everyone,

I need help going minimalist. I've already downsized my wardrobe to half the size it was previously but would like to take it even further. It feels amazing to declutter and move on yet a part of me is saying "No! Stop!" There are some pieces I have paid good money for even though those items are only used once to twice a year.

I'm struggling to understand how a minimalist wardrobe is achieved. Won't people be asking, "Does Zane only have one pair of trousers?" or "He wears the same thing everyday!"

How do I go minimalist but have multiple outfits? Should I downsize my wardrobe further or keep my current clothes?

Thanks!

The Flower Angel Book by Katrina Hart

Australia
Alphawolf

Fri Jun 07, 2019 5:06 pm

I wouldn't throw them out. I would fold and store the better items in sealed and stackable boxes. Keep your everyday wardrobe neat and tidy. That's what I did. I have 4 very different looking different jackets, 2 jumpers, 2 pairs of jeans, 8 shirts, 3 pairs of shoes. That's all I need. Done.

Great Britain
mrbean

Fri Jun 07, 2019 6:00 pm

Alphawolf wrote:
Fri Jun 07, 2019 5:06 pm
I wouldn't throw them out. I would fold and store the better items in sealed and stackable boxes. Keep your everyday wardrobe neat and tidy. That's what I did. I have 4 very different looking different jackets, 2 jumpers, 2 pairs of jeans, 8 shirts, 3 pairs of shoes. That's all I need. Done.
What about underwear?

Australia
iRory

Sat Jun 08, 2019 1:12 pm

Forget minimalism. :) buy whatever you need and nothing more. It would be impossible for me to be minimalist with my camping and other gear.

Canada
AlexMakeup
Eye Colour: A
Hair Colour: A

Sat Jun 15, 2019 10:10 am

zane811 wrote:
Fri Jun 07, 2019 12:15 am
Hi everyone,

I need help going minimalist. I've already downsized my wardrobe to half the size it was previously but would like to take it even further. It feels amazing to declutter and move on yet a part of me is saying "No! Stop!" There are some pieces I have paid good money for even though those items are only used once to twice a year.

I'm struggling to understand how a minimalist wardrobe is achieved. Won't people be asking, "Does Zane only have one pair of trousers?" or "He wears the same thing everyday!"

How do I go minimalist but have multiple outfits? Should I downsize my wardrobe further or keep my current clothes?

Thanks!
Don't trash your good items! That's literal money thrown into the bin. wastteeeeeed I've learned that my growing makeup stash means that there's no chance ever I'll be minimalist. :) Acceptance and cleanliness is the logical solution. :)

to and beyond

⋆     ˚ ˚    ✦
  ⋆ ·   *
     ⋆ ✧    ·   ✧ ✵
  · ✵
Love In Little Snow Book by Katrina Hart
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic