Consumers, Companies & Businesses | Join worldwide conversations and discuss your products & services on Cosmetic Rumours

Login or Register to be part of the CR Global Network

How to dress for a new job in a casual office

Men's Beauty & Grooming Forum

Topic author Canada
rian19

Tue Oct 15, 2019 10:52 am

Hey folks!

I begin work next week at an office position in the city. Dressing for the job is confusing me. Their online photos show a casual environment, the ladies and gents were wearing neatly pressed trousers like chinos, shirts and woolen sweaters. I'm unsure if this a real indication of how they dress on a daily basis.

I'm apprehensive about overdressing or underdressing on the first day there. I am considering a level above the office images to be safe, like a suit without a tie. What's your opinion?

Looking forward to all your answers!

The Flower Angel Book by Katrina Hart

Australia
iRory

Sun Oct 20, 2019 12:10 pm

Wear a suit if in doubt.

India
rishabhb398

Mon Oct 21, 2019 3:38 pm

Hey, you can simply wear a well-ironed shirt and a trouser on the very first day and then ask the employees or your senior about how to dress in the office.... that is the best possible thing you can do :)

And no one will point you out if you will go formally!

India
chandanlalit

Tue Oct 22, 2019 1:35 pm

You must wear business casual outfit.

Formal shirt
Tie
Trousers
Belt
Trimmed, hair

Topic author Canada
rian19

Wed Oct 23, 2019 1:02 pm

irory, rishabhb398 and chandanlalit, thank you for responding.

My new workplace called and sent me an email with online inductions to complete at home before starting my new position. Thankfully I have more time to shop online for decent clothes, as you already know, postage takes time.

I agree, rishabhb398, nobody can quite point me out - I'm just hoping not to overdress in front of new colleagues. Perhaps I'm overthinking it.

Chandanlalit, nice suggestions there.

I'm leaning towards wearing a collared shirt and tie together. What's your opinion of these Charles Tyrwhitt shirts? https://www.ctshirts.com/ca/mens-shirts/dress/

Cosmetic Rumours
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic