Consumers, Companies & Businesses | Join worldwide conversations and discuss your products & services on Cosmetic Rumours

Login or Register to be part of the CR Global Network

Review of Noodler's Bulletproof Black Ink

Official reviews from Cosmetic Rumours

Topic author Australia
ChiefReviewer
Chief Reviewer

Tue Jul 09, 2019 3:32 pm

Review of Noodler's Bulletproof Black Ink

1.jpg

Price: $12.50 USD
mL: 90mL approx.
Approx Price per mL: $0.14/mL
Noodler's website: http://noodlersink.com/

Noodler’s fountain pen ink is known for its innovation and experimentation, and their ‘Bulletproof’ line is a great demonstration of this. According to jetpens.com, Noodler’s Bulletproof Black is ‘water resistant on cellulose-based papers and resists all known tools of forgers, including UV light, bleach, alcohol and other solvents’. Water resistance was tested on paper after the ink dried by putting the inked paper under a tap, and the ink held up fairly well. The ink also strives to resist the effects of time on the written word, giving it an ‘eternal’ and archival quality on your most important documents. For those pedantic about the longevity of their pens, have no fear, as the ink is pH neutral and unpigmented, making it safe in all fountain pens across the board.

Noodler’s Ink bottles are famously simple preferring to use a basic bottle to make their inks cheaper for the market. This contrasts to many other fountain pen inks that use more unique bottles, like Caran D’Ache’s diagonal bottle and Montblanc’s bottle with the separate reservoir. Noodler’s often employ the practice of filling their bottles right to the top, which is great value for your money in the long run of continuous use. The label on the bottle is marked with a catfish, in which the company website says that it represents the equalisation of the struggle between man and animal for fair play, and therefore a fair price.

After constant writing in my Montblanc Meisterstuck 149, I was able to get a clear picture of the nature of this permanent ink. For one, it is a very dark black with above average saturation for its colour type. It flows very consistently, with the words representing somewhat of a paintbrush aesthetic. There is no feathering as you would find with a rollerball pen, with no bleedthrough when used on Clairefontaine paper. There is not much shading, if at all, and the words give off a strong bold-like presence.

I can’t say that I’m entirely finished with Noodler’s Inks, because the company has too many colours to choose from. However, if I had to walk away with only Noodler’s Bulletproof Black Ink, I would be a very happy man.

Recommended for virtually anything.

The all-rounder of inks.

Overall Rating: 10/10

2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg

Tags:
Finding Destiny Book by Katrina Hart